Saturday, September 12, 2009

Congratulations Dr. Danni !!!

One of our friends from ages ago, like back in the day when we were in high school, cutting class, partying way too hard for being 15, and going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show in down town San Jose, just graduated and earned her M.D. in naturopathic medicine. So, her parents threw her a grad party, and her mom contacted me about a cake.
Now, I don't usually have the pleasure of attending the party that I make a cake for, but this time I dropped off the cake, went home and made another cake, and then returned to the party at night for a drink and some catch up with Danni. It has been 15 years since the last time we hung out, after all.
The coolest thing was that I could hear people telling the guests as they showed up "go look at the cake" and they would come to the table and go, where's the cake? All I see are some plants and a doctors bag. :)
It was fun, everyone loved the cake, and even though they didn't eat it while I was there, I heard that it was finally cut up and devoured later in the wee hours of the night (I was there until 10, but I had the kids, so I had to leave-they were getting all glazed over and delirious)
Congrats Danni!!! Great to see you again, old friend !!

No comments: