Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sushi

So, when I look at other people's cake blogs, I always see a "sushi cake". I decided that it was something I should make, like a rite of passage to the world of cake blogging.
I made this cake for no special reason, and so my family was all surprised when I showed up for dinner with this cake.
The round cake is actually a brownie, and the square is cake. The sushi is all little pieces of cake, covered in fondant, and the "rice" nigiri is rice krispie treats covered in fondant.
My daughter claimed the shrimp one as soon as it was finished, it's her favorite.
It was so funny too, my dad had one of the "tuna" nigiri's, and he held in between his two fingers and ate it like a real piece of sushi.

1 comment:

sakthi said...

Hi Pam,

its beautiful. I would also like to order one for my husband. Can you please give me your details?
My email is lavanya08in@gmail.com