Thursday, July 24, 2008

Congratulations Kari and Tom !!!

I have this great friend, Kari, who I have known since seventh grade. She is one of the most sweet, patient, kind, people I have ever met. We have been through a ton of stuff together, and now she's marrying a wonderful guy named Tom. They are getting married in Hawaii, and last weekend she had a bridal shower. I made her this tropical themed cake and mini cakes to go with it.
It was much easier to make the mini cakes that I had expected. But it also took twice, if not more, time than I had expected.
I also transported the cakes for a three hour drive to the shower location! Now I know how the guys on Ace of Cakes feel when they deliver cakes hours away. It's crazy, and thank goodness for air conditioning, that's all I can say about that.
This was also the first time I had used fresh flowers. I didn't have floral tape, and don't really know how to put them in, so I wrapped the stems with tiny pieces of saran wrap before I poked them into the cakes. I think they turned out pretty cute!

No comments: