Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Willy Wonka Bat Mitvah

This was one of the heaviest cakes I have ever had to transport. I made this for one of my daughter's friends, for her Bat Mitzvah. Kayleigh is one of the sweetest and most adorable little people who my daughter came to know, and now they're not at the same school, so that's a bummer. But there's always Facebook! So her mom and I still keep in touch.
For Kayleigh's cake, I wanted to incorporate real Willy Wonka candy, so I took the kids to the candy store and we explored all of the treats in there for a good hour, and came up with a bunch of colorful little candies that I used for the decorations. You can't really tell because my photographic skills are very poor, but her name is really glittery, and really stood out above all of the decorations and candies.
Congratulations Kayleigh! :)

No comments: