Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tea party Cakes

The funniest thing happened. I received two identical cake orders for one weekend. Two small tea party themed cakes and cupcake toppers. So, I made what seemed like a hundred teacups and saucers out of gumpaste, it was actually more like 4 dozen.




Now, this doesn't happen all the time, but the kids and I were actually invited to the party of the second cake picture. I had another cake to deliver, though, so I quickly dropped off this one, ran to the car, delivered the other one, drove back, and when we got back, I realized that this was going to be one of my only cake in action pictures :)
I'm sure you can visualize the hot pink tea set on top of the cake, right?? They had quite a delicious spread as well~ and the little pink teacup cards that had the name of the dishes on them were all handmade by my awesome friend Shelly, who is also a yarn diva :)

No comments: