Monday, April 27, 2009

Sewing Machine Cake

My mom's birthday is April 21, and she's an avid quilter. So, I thought it'd be fun to make a sewing machine cake. Now, I have pretty close to zero structural engineering skills, so the cake almost came crashing down, and it probably would have, if it weren't for my lovely assistant holding it while I drove to moms.
And, instead of putting "Singer" where the logo would go, I put our last name, just thought it was kinda funny.
Next time I make this cake I think I will implement the use of wooden dowels and power tools, because that's the only way it seems possible to have this cake be structurally sound. And I say "next time" because I am now determined to make a better version.
Anyway, I think it turned out really cute, especially for being created off the cuff without any pre planning. Four cakes in one weekend will do that to ya!



Happy Birthday Mom !!!

No comments: