Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy 50th Makoto ! Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu!

We have friends who we met through preschool a few years ago, Michiru and Makoto. Their two little girls are so beautiful and very sweet. Michiru had a surprise birthday party for Makoto's 50th today! What a wonderful wife :)
They are avid wine enthusiasts, and had some wonderful wine for us to taste. Thanks you guys!!
So, I decided that a wine cake would be a perfect way to celebrate Makoto's birthday, and I found his Japanese character for his name, and made him his own bottle of wine. I put the wine cake in a box made out of cake and painted to look like wood. Then my daughter and I shaved white chocolate and placed it around the bottle to simulate the packing straw. Last, I added his year of birth on the side of the box. 1958, a very good year!


No comments: