Saturday, December 10, 2011

Zombie cupcake

I made this cake for my daughter's class for their Halloween party. This year I am their celebrations coordinator, which is a good thing, because my talents don't go much further than cake and knitting, so if I was assigned something like field trip coordinator I think I would have a stroke. Too much rules and organization for me.
Anyway this was the first time I got to experiment with sculpting fondant and making fake blood. It was easier than i expected, I just had to make the fondant thicker so that it wouldn't rip when I was poking it and stuff. The blood was corn syrup and food coloring, which kinda dried so it was easy to transport.
The kids really liked it, so I am eager to make more cakes and try out more techniques with them.

muah hahaha hahahaha!!



No comments: